Sync Sharepoint and One Drive on your computer
If you are looking to create a synced between your Microsoft One Drive and/or Share points department folders and your computer please view the videos below and follow along with the instructions posted here.
Sync One Drive to your desktop/laptop.
*this will not work with chromebooks or IPads*
- Log into Office.com using your district email as the user name and your district password.
- This will bring you to the "applications" page click on the icon that represents One Drive
- From here you will see any documents that have been shared with you, you have uploaded, or that you have created using the office.com suite.
- At the top of the screen you will see the Sync button click this button and you will get a popup that says getting ready to sync...
- If you don't currently have the one drive application on your computer you will have to click the link at the bottom of this popup which will download the application to your desktop if you do skip this and the next step
- Click on the downloaded file to install the OneDrive application set up
- After a brief pause you will get another pop-up that asks you to open Microsoft OneDrive click on that button
- Another brief pause and you will get a popup that says Set up OneDrive if your email is already in the white box click Sign in. If it is type your @pemb.org email in the box and click Sign in
- If asked click Work or School
- When prompted enter your district password and click sign in
*Notice the folder that is created during this process as that is where you will find your synced files. *
- Click next through the next few prompts and then later when it asks to set up your mobile phone
- You can think click open my OneDrive folder and it will bring you to your folder located on your computer
- you can always reach this by clicking the cloud one drive icon at the bottom corner of the task bar and click the view folder or view online buttons as needed.
*remember any changes made on these documents will be synced over to the cloud if you need to make changes and not have them sync over be sure to go to file and Save as and change the name of the document*
Click the link below for a video walkthrough of the instructions provided above. (login with your District email and password when prompted)
One Drive Sync Video
Sync SharePoint to your desktop/laptop
The following instructions are for syncing SharePoint department drives to your computer and should be completed after you have already synced your One Drive.
*Reminder this will not work on Chromebooks and Ipads*
- If you are not already logged into Office.com please do so using your district email and password.
- Once on the application page click on the SharePoint application
- This will open a new window with your Department page listed that you should already have access too If nothing shows up click on the search in sharepoint bar in the top left corner for your folder (IE Technology) and then click on the folder which will open up the department page. If your page is listed you can go ahead and click on the department you are looking for.
- The next page you are brought to is the main page where you will see all of the documents for your group towards the bottom right of the screen. Click on the three dots for open things you can do with the selected items. From the drop down click sync
- You will get a pop up from One Drive asking if you would like to open it click Open Microsoft One Drive. This will sync your "Department Share" over to your computer as you will see from the popup in the bottom right corner. Depending on the size of the share it make take a brief second to complete.
- You will be able to then reach your "Department Share" and or your OneDrive from your desktop by clicking on the One Drive cloud in the bottom right corner of the task bar and clicking more. Your Department share will be the one labeled Pemberton Township Schools Folder.
**remember any changes made on these documents or new documents you add to this folder will be synced over to the shared cloud if you need to make changes and not have them sync over be sure to go to file and Save as and change the name of the document and save it to a new place on your computer**
Click the link below for a video walkthrough of the instruction provided above (login with your District email and password when prompted
SharePoint Sync your Department Shared Folders to your computer